As you know, we are very committed to sourcing from local farmers. We take it pretty seriously (which is why we still don’t have gazpacho… no early tomatoes yet!!). This week, however, we’re really quite proud of our local sourcing for the Passover holiday menu. If you ordered from our Passover menu, or maybe just dine at Soupergirl over the next few weeks, you’ll be enjoying:
– Beets and potatoes from Tuscarora Organic Coop (organic!)
– All kinds of greens (spinach, collards) from Garner’s Produce
– Sweet potatoes and carrots from Twin Spring Fruit Farm
– Apples and butternut squash from Spring Valley Farm and Orchard
– Turnips from the Farm at Sunnyside (organic!)
Thank you for helping us support our fantastic local farms. We hope you’ll taste the difference!
And yes indeed, our Passover pre-order menu is now closed. However, we will try to keep our refrigerators stocked with Passover soups, salads, and seder items throughout the week. Call ahead to check availability! And we will be open next week from Monday through Thursday. Come dine with us!