Every day, science is drawing more and more connections between the foods we eat and the effects they have on our brains. Here’s a list of some foods that are really, really good for the brain — and which Soupergirl soups you can find them in!
- Bring on the beans. All beans are magic beans. They stabilize blood glucose levels and provide a steady stream of energy to the brain.
Found in these Soupergirl soups: Zucchini Red Lentil, Tuscan White Bean, Brazilian Black Bean, White Bean Mushroom Kale, Roasted Corn & Bean, Creole Rice & Bean.
- Sprinkle that sage. Sage — even its name is full of wisdom! Since 1597, sage has been thought to have beneficial effects on memory, and the research confirms it today.
Found in these Soupergirl soups: Zucchini Red Lentil, Summer Minestrone, Corn Chowder.
- Tack on tomatoes. Tomatoes contain lycopene, a souper antioxidant that protects against damage from free radicals caused during dementia.
Found in these Soupergirl soups: Tomato Gazpacho, Tomato Basil, Creamy Tomato, Roasted Tomato, Old Fashioned Tomato & Rice, Summer Vegetable.
- Bet on beets. The nitric oxides in beets boost blood flow to the brain. Brilliant!
Found in these Soupergirl soups: Beet Gazpacho, Creamy Beet.
- Whole lot of whole grains. Whole grains promote good cardiovascular health, which in turn benefits the brain. And many contain Vitamin E and Omega-3’s. Let’s break bread!
Found in these Soupergirl soups: Italian Barley & Greens, Moroccan Style Harira, Asian Soba Noodle, Mushroom Barley, Quinoa Vegetable Basil, Old Fashioned Tomato & Rice.